Our client in London are hiring Senior Staff Nurses to join our state of the art 29 bed ICU.
The Intensive Care Senior Staff Nurse will be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care of patients requiring level 2 and 3 care under indirect supervision from the sister/charge nurse and in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols.
What will your duties include?
• Provides direct nursing care to patients requiring level 2&3 care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols.
• Prioritises nursing care, recognizes deterioration in patient’s condition and escalates to the senior nursing team /clinicians immediately .
• Manages the intensive Care Unit when on duty, demonstrating clinical responsibility in order to carry out safe delivery of care to a complex group of patients.
• Supports, and in the absence of the Intensive Care Unit Sister /Charge Nurse, organises the day to day running of the Intensive Care Unit. This includes allocating nursing staff according to their level of competence, reviewing skill mix and workload to ensure they meet the needs of the service.
• Creates a climate of support and cooperation, a culture of shared accountability across the organisation whilst holding individuals to account where there is non-compliance.
• Adheres to the NMC code of conduct and acts as the patient advocate at all times.
• Facilitates the implementation of quality systems and improved patient outcomes as a result.
What we need from you?
• Current nursing registration (First Level) through the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) required, with no restrictions to practice
• Completed Adult Critical Care/Intensive Care Course or equivalent
• ILS/ALS provider course completed and qualification in date
• Demonstrable clinical experience in the field of high acuity critically-ill adults with invasive lines, mechanical ventilation, continuous and intermittent hemodialysis, and vasoactive intravenous medications in a hospital setting.
• Wide range of experience working in critical care specialties including cardiac and cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, renal, and GI surgery.