This role is ONLY for the BEST professionals!
We are currently looking for a dynamic and dedicated Radiographer to join our busy Imaging Department. This role represents an excellent opportunity for an experienced Radiographer with experience in CT & MRI.
The post holder will be responsible for performing a range of diagnostic radiographic procedures as required throughout the Hospital especially in CT/MRI. You will also be expected to participate in the Governance of the Department in areas including Risk Management, Health and Safety, Research and Audit activities.
· Assess the clinical justification of Radiography referrals Act as an operator under IRMER (2000).
· Act as a point of advice for imaging referrers
· Act as a point of advice for patient enquiries regarding their referral
· Acquire diagnostic images and physically position the full range of patient presentations
· Operate advanced software on specialised Radiological equipment
· Participate in the organisation, co-ordination and prioritisation of the flow of work within the department
· Ensure that a high standard of patient care and high professional standards are maintained throughout the Imaging department
· Participate in a CPD programme for all staff
· Review images and in liaison with Radiologists ensure that supplementary imaging procedures are considered
· Be familiar with the range of technical applications available on Imaging equipment
· Perform intravenous cannulation and manual injection of contrast agent on completion of training and/or hospital competency
· Work as part of a team to ensure effective communication and delivery of care.
· Liaise with other departments/wards within the hospital and various external sources in order to provide a
· Adapt and quickly respond to changes in service, patients or departmental need.
· Trouble-shoot equipment faults and make suitable provision for the service in the event of equipment failure
· Demonstrate a wide range of problem solving skills involving allocation of staff due to absence and associated adequate service provision
· Diagnostic Diploma of College of Radiographers or BSc Hons
· Evidence of CPD
· Certificate of Competence in CT/MRI
· 2yrs post qualification experience in CT/MRI
· Current HPC registration
· Radiation Protection Certificate
· Evidence of decision making skills
· Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently & accurately
· Excellent presentation skills
· Self motivated & able to motivate others
· Private healthcare scheme worth up to £20,000 per year
· 27 days annual leave
· Blue Light Card discounts
· Interest-free season ticket loans
· Cycle to work scheme
· Free eye check-up vouchers with contribution towards lenses
· Free newspaper and media subscriptions
· Local Business discounts
· Discount in our Hospice Charity shop
· Refer a Friend scheme
· Free Cinema Society Membership offering discounted tickets
· Personal development and training courses
· Annual events and recognition awards
· Career progression and increments
· For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, get in touch today or apply now!
020 3002 6305