STOP and READ THIS if YOU want MORE BENEFITS from WORK!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse (Band 5) to join our Oncology Inpatients Unit. We are offering a competitive inclusive salary range of £35,743 - £46,438 per annum. You will also receive a generous £2,000 Golden Hello Bonus*
Our Oncology Inpatients unit comprises of 18 beds, all in separate, private en-suite rooms where we treat a range of cancers including; Brain, Pancreatic, Cervical, Head & Neck, Bowel, Lung, Prostate, Bladder, Neuroendocrine, Skin, and Uterine cancer.
This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Sunday. Shifts include; rotational Long Days, Nights & Weekends.
· Registered General Nurse with valid NMC registration.
· Post registration oncology experience with sound evidence-based knowledge in general nursing, and familiar with a variety of Nursing models
· Effective interpersonal and organisational skills, with the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
· Excellent communication skills and is respectful to a diverse range of patients from various cultures and backgrounds, with the confidence to assess situations and make clinical decisions appropriately
· Delivery of individualised patient care of the highest standard, acting as the named nurse, ensuring the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation is in line with evidence base practices.
· Promote safe practice and professional conduct, and competent in the recognition of life threatening/ emergency situations.
· Organise workload in-line with clinical priorities, and establish good working relationships with specialist practitioners and the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the effective care and treatment of patients.
· Ensure legibility and accuracy of nursing records and be aware of the legal implications of these documents.
· Contribute to research and development programmes as well as uphold quality initiatives that improve ‘customer/patient care’ as well as participate in the audit process where appropriate.
· Pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%)
· Private medical healthcare
· 33 day’s annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays
· Season ticket travel loan
· A wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services
· We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education
Get in touch today if this opportunity interests you or apply now to be considered.
firstname.lastname@example.org 3002 6305