New year, New YOU! Change you career for the better TODAY!
This post would be ideally suited for an MRI radiographer wishing to develop their managerial and training experience.
The Senior training radiographer role will be responsible for maintaining, implementation and constant improvement of training programs for all radiographers including induction, X-ray and MRI training. This role will include direct line management and supervision of qualified junior staff, as well as helping them with identified training needs.
· To maintain HCPC registration.
· To liaise with referral sources where clarification is required regarding selection of the most clinically appropriate imaging examination.
· To act as a point of advice for imaging referrers.
· To ensure the safety of all patients and personnel within MRI, Theatre and X-ray department.
· To communicate effectively and empathetically with patients and their escorts prior to, during, and after an examination, especially in difficult or emotional circumstances, using both verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
· To ensure patients receive a high standard of care across all modalities
· To acquire diagnostic images, and physically position the full range of patient presentations, accurately for examinations, taking into account patient limitations and adapting standard techniques where necessary.
· To match clinical indications presented by the referrer to an appropriate departmental protocol.
· To operate advanced software on specialist radiological equipment, requiring excellent hand-eye co-ordination,
· To review images and ensure that supplementary imaging procedures are considered prior to patient departure from the department.
· To be able to offer good clinical judgement when assessing and interpreting images produced by themselves or more junior staff
· To ensure that images are presented for reporting purposes in a timely and accurate manner.
· To ensure that urgent findings are communicated and patients directed accordingly.
· To highlight abnormalities noted during scanning to the relevant Clinician or Radiologist
· To review and comment on continuing appropriateness of imaging protocols.
· To participate in the delivery of the imaging service and an out of hours service when required.
· On a daily basis multi task between using pieces of highly specialised equipment and dealing with frequent interruptions for advice/information on any aspect of the services provided
· To work unsupervised within the out of hours service arrangements.
· To be able to set up and clear a basic sterile trolley for interventional procedures.
· To participate in patient monitoring or administration of oxygen, under supervision.
· To ascertain from the patient, patient’s guardian or the referrer, the patient’s suitability for receipt of intravenous (IV) contrast media.
· To perform intravenous cannulation and manual injection of contrast agent.
· To undertake other duties as and when required by the demands of the service or the Director of Radiology.
· Ensure appropriate infection control measures are implemented to maintain a clean and safe working environment for both patients and staff.
· Demonstrate ability to act as a recognised expert within diagnostic imaging, providing specialist advice to other specialties and non-specialties.
· Being responsible for the quality of the examinations performed in the department using judgement to improve quality and to recognise technical problems with imaging and ensure they are rectified.
· Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of departmental policies, procedures, standards and protocols
· 26 days annual leave, rising by 1 day every 2 years, up to 31 days
· Flexible hours, clinical roles work 4 or 5 days per week
· Full medical insurance, including dental treatment.
· Degree or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography
· HCPC registration
· Evidence of CPD
· Significant MRI, x-ray and II Orthopaedics procedures
· Experience using 3T
· Ability to undertake IV cannulation
· Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
· Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
· Some knowledge of PACS and other IT systems
· Excellent team working and MDT skills
· Flexible and adaptive to changing situations
Get in touch today if this opportunity interests you or apply now to be considered.
020 3002 6305