Are you an Anaesthetic Nurse or Practitioner looking for the next step in your career?
If so, this could be the opportunity for you!
Our client in the heart of London is looking for Senior Anaesthetic nurses/practitioners to join their amazing theatre team.
Located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, their independent private Hospital has just been rated number one in the country for care in the latest Bupa survey. It is also worth noting that all profits fund their onsite Hospice.
As a senior anaesthetic nurse, you will provide specialist care to the patient during the perioperative period while assisting in the day-to-day management of the theatres.
· Contributes to the development and evaluation of practice.
· Act as mentor to unqualified support staff and pre registration students.
· Participates in the planning and delivery of care during the perioperative period.
· Ensure all anaesthetic equipment is checked and available prior to start of list
· Participate in the Team briefing prior to the list commencing
· Recognize the workload of colleagues and provide support as necessary.
· Ensure consumables are replaced at the end of list
· Ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
· Have regard for the resource implications of decisions.
· Demonstrate commitment to develop own critical analytical skills
· Maintain a professional portfolio
· Demonstrate an ability to organize and plan own work and that of others.
· Coordinate with other departments to ensure smooth patient pathway.
· Have an awareness of dealing with conflict.
· Registered Nurse with recognized post graduate qualification or Registered ODP with cert HE/Diploma
· Significant post registration skills in the anaesthetic area
· Ability to act as a preceptor to newly qualified staff
· To monitor and care for the sedated patients during procedures
· The ability to communicate with clarity and intelligibility in both written and spoken English.
· Knowledge of patient confidentiality
· The ability to produce legible notes
· Motivated and Enthusiastic
· Competitive pay with progressive band structuring
· Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
· Ongoing training and development programmes
· Discounts at local, national and online shops
· Interest-free season ticket loans
· Cycle to work loan scheme
· Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards