Don’t waste anymore of YOUR time and money being unhappy!
We are looking for a new Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse to join our Charity funded Inpatient Hospice. The Hospice consists of an 15 bedded in patient unit, a Day Centre and a community team maintaining highest standards of palliative care with in multidisciplinary environment. Services are provided for people with cancer, HIV and other life threatening illnesses and for their significant others.
· To provide clinical leadership to a designated nursing team and ensure the provision of high quality nursing care.
· To maintain continuous high standards of skilled nursing care and professional practice through evidence based practice.
· To promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence based practice
· To act as a role model and expert clinical practitioner. To supervise and teach both trained staff, health care assistants and student nurses.
· To assist in the safe, effective and efficient management of the department within allocated resources. To recognise the need for personal flexibility within the unit to ensure all aspects of the services are managed safely and effectively.
· To undertake delegated responsibility for the department in the absence of the Ward Manager and Deputy Ward Manager.
· To assist the Ward Manager in all aspects of leadership and management of the hospice in-patient unit.
· To assist in the coordination of services provided by the inpatient unit, and to contribute to the day to day running of the service. To assist, where necessary, in the provision of other services provided by the hospice
· Experience at Band 5 or above in specialist palliative care or oncology
· Demonstrable practice that is evidence based and up to date
· Experience of working with teams, motivating and empowering them to deliver excellent standards of patient care
· Experience of identifying and dealing with risks encountered within own practice.
· Experience of supporting junior / less experienced staff to improve standards of patient care.
· Able to supports less experienced / junior staff to respond to feedback in positive manner setting objectives as required.
· Able to use professional knowledge and experience to influence decision making processes in order to improve outcomes for patients and staff.
· Able to use assertive communication skills to achieve collaborative solutions to challenging situations
· Able to conduct audits in objective and efficient manner.
· Private healthcare scheme worth up to £20,000 per year
· 27 days annual leave
· Blue Light Card discounts
· Interest-free season ticket loans
· Cycle to work scheme
· Free eye check-up vouchers with contribution towards lenses
· Free newspaper and media subscriptions
· Local Business discounts
· Discount in our Hospice Charity shop
· Refer a Friend scheme
· Free Cinema Society Membership offering discounted tickets
· Personal development and training courses
· Annual events and recognition awards
· Career progression and increments
· For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, get in touch today or apply now!
020 3002 6305