Don’t waste anymore of YOUR time and money being unhappy!
Providing specialist care to the patient during the perioperative period. Assisting in the day to day management of the theatres. Acts as a mentor to unqualified support staff Acts in a supervisory capacity unqualified support staff. To achieve a professional working relationship with all Department Users and our Hospital colleagues.
To provide a streamlined service to our patient and consultants in a spacious and bright facility with state of the art equipment. Maintaining patient comfort and care, and meeting the rigorous standards set by the Care Quality Commission. Maximize revenue capture from patient care while delivering clinical services cost effectively. To provide a safe and supportive environment for patients undergoing any and all treatment throughout all departments.
· Contributes to the development and evaluation of practice.
· Act as mentor to unqualified support staff and pre registration students.
· Participates in the planning and delivery of care during the perioperative period.
· Ensure all anaesthetic equipment is checked and available prior to start of list
· Participate in the Team briefing prior to the list commencing
· Recognize the workload of colleagues and provide support as necessary.
· Ensure consumables are replaced at the end of list
· Ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
· Have regard for the resource implications of decisions.
· Demonstrate commitment to develop own critical analytical skills
· Maintain a professional portfolio
· Demonstrate an ability to organize and plan own work and that of others.
· Coordinate with other departments to ensure smooth patient pathway.
· Have an awareness of dealing with conflict.
· Registered Nurse with recognized post graduate qualification
· Registered ODP with cert HE/Diploma
· Significant post registration skills in the anaesthetic area
· Ability to act as a preceptor to newly qualified staff
· To monitor and care for the sedated patients during procedures
· The ability to communicate with clarity and intelligibility in both written and spoken English.
· Knowledge of patient confidentiality
· The ability to produce legible notes
· Motivated and Enthusiastic
· Private healthcare scheme worth up to £20,000 per year
· 27 days annual leave
· Blue Light Card discounts
· Interest-free season ticket loans
· Cycle to work scheme
· Free eye check-up vouchers with contribution towards lenses
· Free newspaper and media subscriptions
· Local Business discounts
· Discount in our Hospice Charity shop
· Refer a Friend scheme
· Free Cinema Society Membership offering discounted tickets
· Personal development and training courses
· Annual events and recognition awards
· Career progression and increments
· For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, get in touch today or apply now!
020 3002 6305