Our client is currently looking for an experienced Critical Care Nurse to join their HDU / Recovery team.
The post holder will provide level 2 critical care of patients undergoing invasive procedures admitted to the hospital as well as patients admitted via the medical ward. The successful nurse will also provide level 3 critical care as required and provide support to the wards via the Outreach Service. In addition to this you will provide post anaesthetic care to surgical patients within the Theatre Recovery Room.
• Registered Nurse
• Recognised post graduate Critical Care qualification
• Minimum 5 years experience within the Critical Care environment
• Experience within the Theatre Recovery Room environment
• Competence in delivering a high level of critical care
• Competence in delivering a high level of post anaesthetic care
• Good computer and numeracy skills
• Ability to analyse and put into practice evidence based practice
• A high level of communication skills within all disciplines
• Flexibility in response to needs of the department
• Ability to deliver a high level of customer service to patients and Consultants
• Good Team working skills
• Ability to exercise rational judgement when escalating issues
• Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of a high level of critical care for patients
• Delivery of a high level of post anaesthetic care for patients within the Theatre Recovery Room
• Working with the Anaesthetic team to deliver high quality, safe patient care.
• Delivering an Outreach service to the ward, offering support and guidance in the care of the acutely unwell patient.
• Promote the safety, wellbeing and interests of patients, visitors and staff to the clinical areas
• Active member of the emergency response team.
• Participation in the on-call rota and internal rotation of shift (inc night duty)
• Exhibiting a high level of teamwork with the unit and in the wider hospital environment.
• Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the HDU and Theatre Suite, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
• Provide initial urgent or emergency care as required
• Adhere to the procedures for the use of supplies, ordering requirements for the Department as directed by line manager.
• Ensure accurate and contemporaneous documentation of care and adhering to local policy.
• Ensure accurate patient documentation of peri-operative care
• Competitive pay with progressive band structuring
• Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
• Ongoing training and development programmes
• Discounts at local, national and online shops
• Interest-free season ticket loans
• Cycle to work loan scheme
• Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, then apply and we will take care of the rest!