Are you looking to expand your horizons within healthcare ?
Our client is looking for a dedicated, self motivated individual with the shared passion of their employees, the passion to help. Why not join a tight knit community, team and family in tackling the day to day challenges of dealing with complex issues with patients health. Step into our clients fresh, professional facility and become part of the nationally renowned ''eye care specialists''. Showcase your skills and become part of something great in west yorkshire where the last thing you will miss is the amazing views that you are granted unlimited access to.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use clinical judgement and analytical skills to pro-actively identify potential problems during the patients’ clinical pathway that require Consultant / Surgeon input.
- Work with Consultant / Surgeon supporting them and delivering excellent care to patients during their clinical pathway.
- Provide pre and post-operative instructions to patients/carers through effective communication as part of the clinical competency framework and holistic care of patients.
- Provide clinical advice for staff, patients and their carers, within level of competency.
- Administer drugs and treatments as prescribed according to the NMC guidelines for the Standards for Medicines Management 2008.
- Using the clinical competency framework to provide holistic care to patients throughout their clinical pathway.
- Maintain an awareness of the need to deliver care in a manner which demonstrates dignity and respect, this includes the provision of an appropriate level of privacy at all times.
- Ensure effective communication is maintained with patients, relatives, carers, visitors, staff and others, in a manner that is consistent with their level of understanding, culture and background, seeking advice and assistance when appropriate.
- To ensure that all communication takes place in a manner that reflects the organisations’ shared values.
- Provide initial emergency care within level of competency and training.
- To develop skills and undertake training to meet Hospital Competencies to carry out diagnostic tests or procedures required as part of the patient pathway.
- To be aware of the legislation regarding Health and Safety and COSHH and to act accordingly.
- Help to control and minimise the risk of cross infection by following the organisations’ Uniform Policy, and all procedures, policies and guidelines for the maintenance of a clean working environment, including decontamination and sterilisation of equipment.
- Assist in maintaining and improving patient care by participating in quality initiatives e.g. Audit.
Are you the suitable candidate ?
- Registered General Nurse.
- Current NMC registration.
- One year post qualification nursing experience.
- Computer and IT skills i.e. good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Awareness of responsibilities in relation to NMC Professional Code of Conduct.
- Awareness of role of CQC.