Are you looking for a new patient orientated workplace?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Our clients brand new state of the art hospital is currently looking for members of their theatre department!
A new position has just been released for an experienced theatre Anaesthetic/Recovery nurse to join our leading private hospital. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our dynamic theatre department.
Our clients mission is to provide first-class independent healthcare for the local community in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families. We make sure we deliver excellent customer service with a smile and create a great first impression while making all patients and guests feel welcome.
Duties & Responsibilities
- An interest in development and progression is encouraged and reinforced, offering the opportunity to complete the surgical first assist course and specialise within the surgical areas on offer.
- Our onsite education team will keep you up to date with BLS and ILS and you will be provided with your ALS training.
- Registered Nurse with an anaesthetic qualification
- Operating Department Practitioner with anaesthetic experience
- Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the peri-operative phase of care and during the immediate post-operative phase of care as required.
- Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure and continue during the immediate post-operative phase of care. Taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
- Administer drugs and fluids to the appropriate Aspen Healthcare policy
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
- Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed
- Complete all written documentation in a timely manner and to a legible standard.
- Act as a role model.
- Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
- Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates.
- The post holder will take responsibility and ownership of their professional development plan
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and evaluate work carried out by self
- Establish and maintain effective communications within the department
- Adhere to Aspen Healthcare policies
- Work under the direct supervision of the Senior Theatre Team
- Participate in regular meetings of the Peri-operative Team
- Participate in mandatory and e-learning training programmes
- Participate in standards and quality improvement procedures
- Participate in audits
- To comply with Hospital and departmental policies to provide a safe and effective environment for both patients and staff
- Commit to the Parkside Theatre Peri-operative Environment’s philosophy of care
- Support HCA’s in their role
- Contribute towards maintaining a cost-effective service
- Contribute to the implementation of change management
- Always maintain confidentiality / Data Protection Act
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Retailer discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance helpline 24/7