Do you want to work within the largest provider of independent healthcare?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
A new position has just been released for an experienced Theatre Manager to join one of the leading Private Hospitals in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of their advanced Theatre team.
Would you like to work a team that Focuses on the needs of customers, primarily our patients and consultants? Identifies and prioritises the customer’s needs. Understands situations from the customer's perspective, and provides solutions, which fit the customer's needs. Focuses on customer service and care and takes a proactive approach to their needs and ownership of their issues.
The hospital aims to plan the specialist service for both inpatients and outpatients. Promoting and maintaining high professional standard of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects. To take the lead across specialist services in agreement with Executive Directors and Directors of Clinical services on initiatives to develop and modernise effective patient centred pathways from diagnosis to discharge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Maintenance of professional, cost-effective theatre service including financial management and business planning.
- Achievement of labour management target, and weekly completion of staff utilisation spreadsheets.
- To ensure the provision of individualised patient care.
- To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, employees, consultants and visitors.
- Provide leadership and development by ensuring the use of evidence-based practice and clinical standards.
- Inform the Executive Director and Director of Clinical Services to any operational or governance issues within the theatre department, to allow any further action to be taken.
- Ensure that pathways are delivered to the standard and quality expected by the hospital and external regulatory bodies.
- Energetic, proactive and driven to succeed.
- Acts on own initiative and problem solves utilising resources available.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management.
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Good team worker.
- Both punctual and reliable.
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically and managerially
- Significant experience working in an acute hospital setting as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent.
- Previous experience within a Theatre or Deputy Theatre Managerial role.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Health Assessments
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan