Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is looking for a Senior Cardiac Physiologist/ Echocardiographer to join their state of the art facility based in the London on a fixed term contract. They are looking for a caring, motivated and skilled Physiolgist to join their team and hit the ground running.
You will be the one responsible esting Transthoracic Echo, Exercise stress and Dobutamine Stress echo, bubble and contrast echo, 12 Lead ECGs, Holter Monitoring and Analysis, Event Monitoring, Blood pressure Monitoring, Exercise Testing, routine pacemaker checks and Administrative duties.
- Experience as independent practitioner in cardiology investigations
- Experience of assisting in Pacemaker and Implantable Loop recorder implantation.
- Able to independently perform and report Adult Transthoracic Echocardiograms
- Experience in assisting with/performing Exercise and Dobutamine stress echocardiograms and bubble and contrast echocardiograms.
- Able to perform a wide range of non-invasive investigations independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to work flexible hours if required
- To participate in cardiac investigations within own skill-base, and have working knowledge of all aspects of all services, including administrative duties. This will include performing tests and providing the reports.
- The post holder will be expected to act as an independent practitioner without direct supervision.
- Be aware of BSE, SCST and NICE guidelines and to carry out all procedures in accordance with these nationally agreed guidelines and policies of the department and hospital.
- Manage the pacemaker follow up lists conducting annual reviews, or advised in line with MHRA.
- Perform the full complement of cardiology investigations namely, ECGs, Holter monitoring, ECG event monitoring, BP monitors as well as analysis and interpretation of results and take appropriate action (as required). Perform echocardiograms in line with BSE guidelines, exercise stress and dobutamine stress echocardiograms and bubble and contrast echocardiograms with Cardiologist.
- To perform Exercise Testing, medically unsupervised/physiologist-led with or ALS certified physiologist. To assess patients suitability for test and to stop test when clinically appropriate. To take whatever action necessary during adverse incident.
- To exercise clear clinical judgement when deciding to commence, terminate or abandon an investigation should the risks outweigh the diagnostic / treatment benefit.
- Independently write clinical reports for transthoracic echocardiography to a BSE standard.
- Communicate complex cardiology results to consultants.
- Communicate all test procedures and other related information to patients
- Competitive pay For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Ongoing training and development programmes and a genuine commitment to continuous professional development
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards
Are you interested in this role? If so make sure you apply today!