T2Healthcare are currently working with Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare in Kent, and they currently looking for a Lead Theatre Practitioner- Scrub, to join a team of dedicated staff in the Theatre department.
- To have shared responsibility for the leadership and operational management of the Theatre Department.
- As a skilled member of the senior theatre team, you will deliver and ensure that standards of patient care are consistently provided and maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies.
- To assist with the management of the theatre department under the direction of the Clinical Service Manager: Theatres.
- Responsible for co-ordinating and leading a team of staff in Theatres to deliver skilled and high-quality peri-operative care.
- Check Operating lists and booking forms in advance to organise any special equipment required. Liaise with Consultants and companies to ensure correct instruments, implants and equipment is ordered and received.
- Appropriately allocate staff to meet the activity. This will involve looking at the off duty, working closely with staff and making changes when and where possible.
- To book and effectively utilise bank and agency staff ensuring minimum use of temporary staffing.
- Plan and organise operating lists with Consultants and secretaries.
- To undertake scrub and circulating duties with theatres.
- To work within the role of Advanced Scrub Practitioner with extended skills.
- To participate in the theatre & on call rota as required.
- To teach, nurture, supervise and co-ordinate the work of junior staff.
- To take responsibility for all theatre activities as required.
- Mentorship in Practice or equivalent
- Experience in a senior theatre role
- Experience in orthopaedic, gynaecology and general surgery at a senior level
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent leadership skills
- Good mentor/coaching skills
- Application of knowledge of specialised procedures and equipment used in the Operating Theatre
- Staff management
- Experience in undertaking appraisals
- Current and up to date specific to specialty
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum and many more!