Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is looking for a Acute Oncology Nurse to join their NHS hospital. They are looking for an enthusiastic, motviated and determined nurse to join their hospital.
Our client is based in stevenage and has great travel link in and out of Central London. There are 2 opportunities that have arisen for a motivated, enthusiastic nurses to apply for the post of Acute Oncology Services Specialist Nurse.
- Registered Nurse educated to Degree level or willingness to undertake.
- UK Experience
- Experience of initiating change
- Significant relevant experience in the Specialty and ability to demonstrate expert nursing skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Provision of care through screening programmes, nurse-led clinics, accepting referrals, undertaking diagnostic procedures, undertaking therapeutic procedures, physical assessments and obtaining written consent to treatment
- Referring patients directly to specialists in other professions
- Providing expert specialist clinical advice for patients, carers and health care professionals
- Carrying a caseload, and responsibility for the management of complex cases
- Improving and maintaining standards of care within the specialty
- Developing the skills of generalist nurses, and other health professionals (including doctors) to enable them to provide a high standard of care for patients within the specialty
- Providing a high level of communication by:
- Liaising with all appropriate members of multi-disciplinary team and ensuring a seamless service between acute and primary care services
- Communicating very sensitive condition related information to patients and relatives,requiring high levels of empathy and reassurance. This includes highly complex information that needs to be conveyed in easily understood language
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate verbal and written patient information,thus empowering the patient to make informed decisions
- Maintain own knowledge, competence and skill level through regular clinical supervision, appraisal, personal development plans and appropriate training programmes
- Work/ Life Balance
- Learning and Development