Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, keep reading! Our client in Cambridge is looking for a newly qualified staff nurse to join their amazing team. The Hospital has the UK’s largest Respiratory Support and Sleep Centre (RSSC). It is the only centre in the UK for several specialist services including Pulmonary Endarterectomy and Balloon Pulmonary Angioplasty (BPA) which makes it an exciting and prestigious place to work.
It is the only UK hospital who offer pulmonary endarterectomy surgery and have the second largest experience in the world. This is an operation – which can take up to 10 hours – to clear blood clots from the arteries of the lungs to reduce breathlessness and prolong life.
The Hospital is a member of Cambridge University Health Partners (CUHP), a partnership between one of the world's leading universities and three NHS Foundation Trusts. CUHP delivers world-class excellence in healthcare, research, clinical education and improves the health of people across Cambridgeshire and the wider regions.
They moved to a brand new, state-of-the-art building on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus in May 2019. And their beautiful, innovative building is even more of a reason to join their well-accomplished trust.
Requirements for Newly Qualified?
- Proven evidence-based clinical practice
- Utilised reflective practice
- Registration with NMC
- Diploma in Nursing
- Knowledge of NMC Code of Conduct and professional practice guidance
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of nursing within the clinical area
- Knowledge of clinical governance and quality
- Aware of cultural and social influences on health and of the importance of respecting diversity and differences
Main duties for Newly qualified
- You will be using clinical knowledge/expertise, provide a high standard of skilled care to patients based on a full assessment of individual needs in consultation with the multi-professional team
- You must be in consultation with patients, family and the multi-professional team, devise and evaluate care plans based on the assessment process, with realistic nursing goals
- You need to ensure due regard is given to customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients, carers and their relatives.
- You must promote and role model effective communication within the multi-professional team
- Important to act as a link nurse
- You need to identify the learning needs of patients, relatives and staff and, in consultation with the ward/department manager, plan and implement programmes to meet those needs
- You must maintain accurate electronic and/or manual clinical, patient and other records, as appropriate, ensuring that all documentation adheres to the Trust’s standards
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Extensive retail discount scheme
- Subsidised restaurant
- Staff Recognition and Award Scheme
- Membership options available at Frank Lee Centre Leisure & Fitness (campus gym)
- Salary Sacrifice ‘Cycle to Work’ and ‘Car’ Scheme
- Enhanced pay progression for Band 5 nurses
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Flexible working
Looking to kick start your career? Make sure you apply today!