Do you want to work within one of the leading theatre departments in the UK?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
A new position has just been released for a theatre scrub nurse to join one of the leading Private Hospitals in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of their dynamic theatre department.
Would you like to work in a leading private Hospital which offers the highest standards of clinical and personal care across a multitude of specialities for private patients, insured patients and patients referred through the NHS? Set in pleasant grounds at Colman Hill, which is conveniently located on the outskirts of Halesowen, only three miles from junction 3 of the M5 and 10 miles from Birmingham city centre. Our team of highly experienced consultants deliver a wide range of surgeries and treatments and some of our key specialties include Cosmetic, Hip and Knee, Spinal, Eye, Hernia, Foot and Ankle and Urology Services. We also have a dedicated Physiotherapy department which offers a comprehensive programme of treatments for patients and supports them with their rehabilitation process.
The hospital provides fantastic facilities for patients including two state-of-the-art operating theatres, an endoscopy theatre and a full diagnostic service on site. Patients who require overnight stays following surgery can also benefit from private en-suite rooms on the hospital Ward. It is to see a further development and increase in facilities this year which will include an additional theatre and designated ambulatory unit as a minimum.
Are you a scrub nurse who is keen to develop your theatre skills dealing with a variety of specialities? If this sounds like something you would relish, then we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our committed Theatre team.
Our Theatre department is extremely busy, working with Consultants from a wide range of clinical disciplines. You will have the opportunity to broaden your experience by managing a stimulating case mix.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting in assessing patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload.
- Promoting best practice and contributing towards quality improvements.
- Act in a professional manner always when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Promote the company in a positive manner both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate a good work ethic that includes punctuality, integrity, respect of others and a commitment to professional practice.
- Be responsible and accountable for own designated responsibilities.
- Participate in the annual Performance Development Review process.
- Undertake reasonable training and development in order to retain and improve upon existing skills.
- Treat all customers with respect and equality whilst meeting all aspects of our services in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain communication networks with key senior managers, staff and other stakeholders so that quality business outcomes are achieved.
- Dress and personal presentation reflect the requirements of the hospital Dress Code.
- Promote the services and people of the hospital to both internal and external clients.
- Current NMC or HCPC registration
- Evidence of CPD
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant clinical standards
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Excellent customer care skills
- A good standard of computer literacy
- The ability to work within a team
- The ability to time-manage
- The ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to be flexible during periods of low activity and work extra hours where required
- Ability to work shift patterns including days, weekends, bank holidays and on-calls
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave (pro rata for part time employees)
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Subsidised Staff Restaurant
- Free Off-Site Parking