Are you looking for a better opportuntity?
If so, Our client is now looking for a Outpatient Nurse to join their state of the art facility with a excellent reputation in London. They are looking for someone who is skilled, motivated and willing to go the extra mile for their patients.
Our client has a number of services such as orthopaedics, ophthalmic, urology, obstetrics-gynaecology, dermatology, plastics, rheumatology, neurology as well as a nurse led pre-assessment clinic.,
- Previous relevant experience working in a similar healthcare environment
- Excellent people skills, good communication and observation ability
- To have sound knowledge and experience within the various clinical specialties
- Demonstrable experience in mentoring junior staff
- Experience of working as part of a multi disciplinary team
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct for Nursing and the Data Protection Act
- Ability to work under pressure and with high volumes of work during peak times
- To ensure documentation is completed accurately and within agreed timescales using Hospital approved documentation, in line with NMC and Hospital guidelines.
- To ensure the provision of excellent, evidence based nursing care for patients.
- Ensure that each patient is assessed, and that their care is planned, implemented and evaluated, and that this is accurately documented.
- Ensure the provision of a welcoming, caring and safe environment for patients and their families.
- To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- To develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care. This includes completion of training and development identified as part of appraisal and personal development (PDP) planning.
- To be competent in the administration of medication
- Communicate effectively, promoting open and trusting relationships.
- To be aware of the uses, safety precautions and handling of equipment in the department.
- Participate in effective communication between all members of the multidisciplinary team, other hospital departments, relatives and visitors.
- Ensure quality care is given, by being familiar with agreed standards of care and to inform seniors, if the required standard cannot be reached.
- Assist in ensuring the safety of the department, and the risk management process by actively participating in clinical audit, clinical risk and quality issues, including reporting of incidents.
- Be aware of how to access Hospital policies and clinical procedure guidelines and that staff adhere to these at all times
- Act as a team leader for Health Care Assistants, acting as a mentor/preceptor, and facilitating their development.
- To actively participate in the practical training at every opportunity, through formal and informal teaching.
- Supervise and orientate temporary staff and staff new to the area.
- To act as a preceptor for Health Care Assistants.
- To participate in audit relating to nursing and multidisciplinary care.
- Maintain own professional development and mandatory training
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring
- Pension schemes to suit different pockets, including continuation of the NHS pension
- 27 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- £1,000 refer a friend scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Employee "service excellence" recognition rewards
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Relocation Packages
- Childcare Vouchers
Interested? Make sure you apply today and get your virtual interview booked in!