Do you enjoy working closely with individuals for the better ?
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, self driven, team player with a hunger to help people fight disease on a day to day basis. Joing our client and their nursing community, and become part of a tight knit clique that is warm and welcoming to all new comers regardless of experience. Our client is a very well known institution that is nationally known to look after their nurses as much as they look after their patients.
Enjoy the sunny commute through London with the lush, picturesque views of the skyscrapers, landmarks and all attractions with culture running through lewisham like veins in the body.
Duties and Resposibilities
- Develops confidence, competence and capabilities to influence the health and lifestyle of individuals, families and communities.
- Ensures patients best interests are at the centre of nursing care; challenging others where patients’ needs are not being met or when things go wrong.
- Provides consistent, effective, holistic support and high quality nursing care to patients in their own homes.
- Uses the nursing process framework to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in partnership with patients and their families.
- Ensures safe and effective nursing interventions at all times to improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates and utilises a wide range of skills such as: wound management, compression therapy, VAC therapy, syringe driver management, administration of medication’s, IVAB, PEG management, catheterisations etc.
- To work with patients to maintain effective communication and involvement in care programmes offering support and advice, teaching nursing care that can be safely carried out in the absence of the nurse. Demonstrates skills in carrying out a new patient first assessment.
- Develops nursing care plans with clear objectives and timeframes to meet the health needs of allocated patients in a timely way.
- Involves patients in the planning and implementation phase of their care plans, listening actively to any needs patients may have.
- Reviews and evaluates patients’ progress, discussing any significant changes with the district or senior nurse.
- Supports the complex care pathway by providing nursing interventions as directed by the clinical lead.
- Manages chronic conditions in collaboration with the clinical lead, being proactive in preventing complication of long term conditions.
- Takes responsibility for planning and organising own workload.
- Maintains accurate and contemporaneous records at base and in patients’ homes, recording interventions in a timely way or according to the Trust and NMC records keeping procedures.
- Annual Leave
- Sacrifice Benefits Scheme
- Career Development
Our client wants the post holder to...
- Registered Nurse – Adult on the Nursing and Midwifery Register.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- To meet the numeracy literacy and clinical competency requirements of the role.