Do you want to work within the largest provider of independent healthcare?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
A new position has just been released for an experienced oncology nurse to join one of the leading Private Hospitals in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of their advanced oncology team.
Would you like to work a team that Focuses on the needs of customers, primarily our patients and consultants? Identifies and prioritises the customer’s needs. Understands situations from the customer's perspective, and provides solutions, which fit the customer's needs. Focuses on customer service and care and takes a proactive approach to their needs and ownership of their issues.
The hospital aims to plan the specialist service for both inpatients and outpatients. Promoting and maintaining high professional standard of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects. To take the lead across specialist services in agreement with Executive Directors and Directors of Clinical services on initiatives to develop and modernise effective patient centred pathways from diagnosis to discharge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To plan the specialist service for both inpatients and outpatients. Promoting and maintaining high professional standard of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects.
- To take the lead across specialist services in agreement with Executive Directors and Directors of Clinical services on initiatives to develop and modernise effective patient centred pathways from diagnosis to discharge.
- To provide a high-profile commitment to professional development, teaching and education for all levels of nursing staff in the hospitals.
- The post-holder will actively participate in the hospitals 24-hour speciality helpline rota.
- To participate in MDT and ensure all patients are discussed to maintain rigorous health and safety standards to ensure all procedures at ward and unit level are consistent with set policies. Adhering to national guidelines, corporate and hospital protocols.
- To ensure a robust communication system is in place to disseminate information to essential staff and outside agencies.
- To ensure all patients attending the hospitals receive high quality care.
- To deal with any verbal or written complaints in a timely manner, taking action as required to address any deficiencies highlighted.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing.
- Clinical specialist Training in delivery of chemotherapy - Marsden Course appropriate.
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Willingness to work in a small highly efficient and experienced team to deliver exemplary care and work with team to retain MQUEM and meet "Outstanding Status" with CQ.
- Training and/or experience in specialised cancer therapy treatment.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Basic workload / shift management skills.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Previous experience working within a private healthcare environment.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work in busy department fully supporting patients undergoing Oncology care to ensure full holistic care provided.
- Excellent communication skills.
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum