Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is looking for a Theatre Practitioners to join their hospital. They are looking for an enthusiastic, determined and motivated nurse to join their theatre department.
Our client is based in Huddlesfield and they provide services including urgent and emergency care, medical, surgical, maternity, gynaecology, critical care, childrens and young people's services, end of life care and outpatient and diagnostic imaging services.
- NMC or HCPC Registration
- Diploma/Degree in Adult Nursing
- Previous Theatre experience
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- To work within the HCPC/NMC code of professional practice, and within policies,procedures and guidelines of Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- To ensure that high standards of nursing care are given and maintained. And report to team leader when standards are not being maintained
- To participate in the assessing, planning, implementation and evaluation of individualised programmes of care
- To recognise changes in patients conditions which require the intervention of others and refer on as appropriate
- To promote and protect the interest and dignity of patients
- Act as a ‘Link Practitioner’ within a defined specialty / interest area
- Assist with the transfer of patients within department including the positioning of patients using correct procedures in accordance with local manual handling protocols
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe working environment after use and between cases, ensuring safe disposal of all clinical and other waste in accordance with policies
- Maintain appropriate stock levels. Be aware of the need for economy when monitoring stock
- Ensure all specimens are correctly labelled, identified and dealt with as per protocol
- Excellent annual leave entitlement: 27 days, rising to 29 after five years NHS service and rising to 33 after 10 yrs service.
- NHS Pension Scheme – excellent package of pension benefits, fully protected against inflation and guaranteed by the government
- Occupational health service
- Confidential staff counselling service
- Flexible retirement scheme
- Membership and close working relationships with staff side organisations
- Long service awards and gifts
- Training and development
- Professional leadership arrangements
- Flexible working practices
- Fantastic opportunities for enhancing your learning and development
- Chaplaincy services
- Career breaks
- Child care facilities, including childcare teams, nurseries and out of school clubs
- Multi-disciplinary libraries and learning centres
- Special leave policies
- Staff newsletter, intranet and internet access widely available
- Variety of discounts from local attractions and businesses