Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is looking for a Surgical Nurse to join their hospital. They are looking for an enthusiastic, determined and motivated nurse to join their surgical department.
Our client is based in Huddlesfield and they provide services including urgent and emergency care, medical, surgical, maternity, gynaecology, critical care, childrens and young people's services, end of life care and outpatient and diagnostic imaging services.
- NMC Registration in relevant field of post applied for.
- Relevant experience in the field of area applied for.
- Relevant experience of working with patients and families from a range of cultures and background.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- To be responsible for providing the appropriate nursing evidence based care of an allocated
- group of patients.
- To work as part of a multidisciplinary team using resources efficiently.
- To deliver quality care to patients and to supervise the working of junior staff during the span of duty.
- To be competent in carrying out a variety of clinical procedures.
- To contribute to a culture that recognises and works in partnership with patients and their families, involving them in all decisions.
- To participate in the assessing, planning, implementation and evaluation of individualised plan of care. Provides early intervention to ensure the safe discharge of patients, working in collaboration with the medical team and community services with the aim of avoiding readmission.
- To have a willingness to take on extended roles i.e. IV administration/cannulation/Venepuncture, Care of central lines and other clinical roles linked to the department.
- To work within the NMC code of professional practice, and within policies, procedures and guidelines of our clients.
- Excellent annual leave entitlement: 27 days, rising to 29 after five years NHS service and rising to 33 after 10 yrs service.
- NHS Pension Scheme – excellent package of pension benefits, fully protected against inflation and guaranteed by the government
- Occupational health service
- Confidential staff counselling service
- Flexible retirement scheme
- Membership and close working relationships with staff side organisations
- Long service awards and gifts
- Training and development
- Professional leadership arrangements
- Flexible working practices
- Fantastic opportunities for enhancing your learning and development
- Chaplaincy services
- Career breaks
- Child care facilities, including childcare teams, nurseries and out of school clubs
- Multi-disciplinary libraries and learning centres
- Special leave policies
- Staff newsletter, intranet and internet access widely available
- Variety of discounts from local attractions and businesses