You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Brand new opportunity for a Senior Theatre Practitioner!
Our client in Chertsey is looking for an experienced theatre nurse/practitioner to join their well-established trust.
They are the largest provider of independent healthcare and aim to attract only the best of professionals. The Hospital is a fantastic place to work. Situated close to the M25 in Chertsey, Surrey, the hospital is a medium sized private hospital serving the boroughs of Surrey and Berkshire.
They are proud to be rated “Good” by the CQC affirming our commitment to put patient care at the heart of absolutely everything we do.
Surrey is a beautiful place to live with easy access to London and the south coast. Moreover, the proximity to Heathrow and Gatwick puts Europe on your doorstep.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community. Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Lead in the delivery of patient care, during a list or specified period of time.
- Ensure that patient safety checks are carried out in accordance with the policy and that all practitioners adhere to the policy.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Promote best evidence-based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Achieve agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Maintain knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
- Develop a strategy for peri-operative function and/or specialty service, including training and resource needs and implement an action plan to meet objectives. Ensure that consumables and specialist equipment is available in advance of booked procedures.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks in accordance with policy, WHO Checklist and NPSA Five Steps to Surgical Safety.
- Monitor the patients’ conditions as relevant to role within peri-operative function taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Communicate appropriately with others in the multi-disciplinary team involved in the care of the patient.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Caring and Professional nature.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work in a team and using own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Significant post-registration experience within a high acuity specialty.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations
- Previous experience working within an acute healthcare environment.
- Previous experiencing managing and leading a clinical team.
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Post-registration qualification relevant to functional specialty i.e.
- Advanced Scrub Practitioner or Surgical First Assistant qualification . ENB 998 and/or mentorship course.
- Approved / recognised anaesthetic course.
- Mentorship qualification
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent.
- Functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- 25 days Annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance for you and your family
- Everyday discounts
- Life insurance
- Long service awards