You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
General Nurse - Staff Nurse
Our client has recently opened a new vacancy for a determined individual to join their outstanding hospital situated in Surrey, Redhill. The hospital provides emergency and non-emergency services to a community of over 535,000 people.
This is a great chance for you to join an organisation who have been rated outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). If you are passionate towards your job and wants to be part of a winning team, this role would be ideal for you.
- NMC registered
- Eager to learn and develop
- Caring and compassionate
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development of programmes of care ensuring that these are evaluated and amended as appropriate.
- Actively involve patients, relatives and carers in their treatment and enable individuals to assist in their own recovery.
- Liaise with other clinical areas as necessary for the coordination of patient care and the smooth running of the ward.
- Maintain complete and accurate patient records ensuring that they provide a detailed account of all care provided throughout the patients stay.
- Co-ordinate the discharge process and provide written as well as verbal advice to patients, relatives and carers.
- Provide clinical advice as required to staff, carers and junior colleagues.
- Assist in maintaining and improving patient care by participating in quality initiatives, e.g. Essence of Care, Audit.
- Liaise and maintain excellent communication between the multidisciplinary team, patients, relatives and carers.
- Initiate emergency treatment where necessary and co-ordinate other staff in this process
- Ensures that all medical and emergency equipment is kept in a safe condition and is ready for use when required, and that faulty equipment is reported and/or replaced as necessary.
- Attends staff meetings, including team briefings and reads professional/managerial information as required.
- Orientates new staff to the ward and contributes to the ward/departmental orientation programme.
- Be aware of and follow legislation and/or policies and procedures with regard to yourself, patients, and other members of staff, equipment and the general public.
- On-site car parking for staff
- Restaurant facilities
- Full educational library services
- On-site nursery
- Excellent rail and bus links
- Childcare vouchers
- Generous leave entitlement
- NHS pension
- Salary sacrifice cars, phones and electrical