Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, Our client is looking for a Stroke Nurse to join their busy Hospital based in reading and they are looking for a committed, hard working and enthusatic indvidiual to provide the best are for their patients.
Our client is based in Reading and has great travel links to the hospital via train, car and bus. Our client is is one of the largest general hospital foundation trusts in the country. They provide acute medical and surgical services.
- NMC Registration
- Evidence of recent continuous professional development
- Experience (Thropugh placement or employement of working in an acute clnical environemnt)
- Demonstartes ability to work effectively ithin a team.
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload and that of others as appropriate
- Demonsrates sound clinical knowledge and up to date nursing practice with evidence of cirtical thinking and probelm solving.
- You are expected to deliver care without direct supervision. Is accountable for the care delivered and any omissions of care.
- You will be expected to teach and supervise more junior staff, students and the non registered nursing workforce.
- You are accountable for care or any omissions of care that he/she delegates to others
- You will be expected to act as role model, delivering care with empathy and compassion as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- You have to assess the needs of patients/families and carers; plans, delivers and evaluates high standards of evidenced based nursing care. Demonstrates concise, accurate, timely record keeping, including both written and electronic records. Displays excellent analytical ability and sound decision making in changing clinical situations.
- You have to practices in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s Code: Professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses and midwives and Trust policies, protocols and guidelines. Is accountable for own practice and for appropriate delegation of care he/she gives to colleagues, nursing support workers and students.
- You need to recognise deterioration in the physical or mental condition of the patient and takes timely action, appropriately referring to others or working with other agencies as required.
- You will recognises, responds to and appropriately manages emergency situations.
- You must develops competences and practices relevant clinical skills required to deliver care to the patient/client group e.g. venepuncture, cannulation, male catheterization.
- You will manage own workload, co-ordinating and prioritising the care he/she delivers. Recognises his/her limitations and escalates to more senior staff if needed.
- You must works as an effective team member. Actively promote excellent team and interdisciplinary relationships.
- You need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and non verbal.
- You must establish and maintain effective communication with individuals/groups about difficult or complex issues. Demonstrate appropriate assertiveness and ability to challenge others when the rights of patients and others may be infringed.
- You will Work with team to maintain high standards of cleanliness in the clinical area and an optimum, well maintained Ward/Department environment.
- You need to actively promotes diversity, including race diversity, both in the delivery of the Care group’s services and in management and development of staff within the clinical area. Assists the Ward/Department Manager to sustain relationships that promote dignity, rights and responsibilities. Identify and take action to address discrimination and oppression.
- You must ensure own practice complies with Data Protection/Confidentiality/Caldicott principles.
- You are responsible for safeguarding and compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
- Nhs Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible working
- Family leave
- Discounts and Leisure
- Car salary exchange scheme
Does this role sound like something of interest? make sure you apply today!