Do you want to work within the largest provider of independent healthcare?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
A new position has just been released for an experienced Childrens nurse to join one of the leading Private Hospitals in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of their advanced team.
Would you like to work a team that Focuses on the needs of customers, primarily our patients and consultants? Identifies and prioritises the customer’s needs. Understands situations from the customer's perspective, and provides solutions, which fit the customer's needs. Focuses on customer service and care and takes a proactive approach to their needs and ownership of their issues.
The hospital aims to plan the specialist service for both inpatients and outpatients. Promoting and maintaining high professional standard of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects. To take the lead across specialist services in agreement with Executive Directors and Directors of Clinical services on initiatives to develop and modernise effective patient centred pathways from diagnosis to discharge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- To provide safe and effective care to allocated cohorts of patients up to the age of 18 years without direct supervision.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- To plan, implement and evaluate plans of patient care.
- To carry out pre-assessments for paediatric patients who have been booked for an elective procedure.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- To ensure the emergency paediatric equipment is checked daily and meets required guidelines, escalating to the Nurse in charge any deficits.
- To ensure that own nursing practice is in accordance with hospital policies and guidelines and that professional practice is in accordance with the NMC Code.
- Energetic, proactive and driven to succeed.
- Acts on own initiative and problem solves utilising resources available.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good team worker.
- Both punctual and reliable.
- Experience within an acute Children’s area or willing to undergo period of preceptorship
- Basic Paediatric Life Support
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support
- Registered Child Nurse with NMC registration
- Up to date knowledge in acute paediatric medicine/surgery
- Awareness about Safeguarding Children processes
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum