Are you Speciality Doctor in Adult General Psychiatry looking for a new opportunity?
T2 Healthcare are working in partnership with one of the most established and successful private mental health organisations in the country. Together we aim to bring together the best professionals in the industry to make a real difference for individuals with complex mental health needs.
Job Role: Speciality Doctor in Adult General Psychiatry
Hours: Mon – Fri, 9-5
Patient Type: Mixed Acute and PICU
- Full GMC registration
- 12 months’ adult psychiatry experience
- Relevant experience within a similar setting (preferred)
- Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act (preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983 (2007) and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- The ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Proven record of CPD
- Desirable: Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General Practitioners or equivalent
- Assessment, appropriate investigation, diagnosis and treatment under will occur with Consultant supervision of inpatients. Each patient must be interviewed and reassessed at a frequency appropriate to their individual clinical needs and sufficient to monitor changes and make timely modifications to the treatment plan.
- Good communication with ward staff, including morning handovers daily.
- To participate in treatment plans and programmes as appropriate to ensure good medical practice within the MDT settings.
- Work alongside one Consultant Psychiatrist covering up to 10 patients
- Work closely with the Consultant Psychiatrist to provide continuous medical cover on a daily basis to the patients on the ward
- Opportunity to progress to a Consultant through the CESR programme and support with MRCPsych examinations - we have a track record of supporting colleagues with career progression.
- Generous annual leave entitlement and study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc.
- Departmental education programme and peer group to support RCPsych requirements.
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
- Free meals on duty.
- Access to a pooled wellbeing fund which is used to improve health and wellbeing of all priory staff
- Access to kitchen facilities.
- Supportive staff
- Dedicated office space
- Manageable caseload / inpatient caseload – the role covers 10 beds working alongside one Consultant