Is patient care at the heart of what you do?
We are currently working with an award-winning Impatient Clinic voted Best Private UK Hospital (Acute & Mental) 2019 - Laing Buisson Awards) to find a staff nurse to join their expereinced team.
Working collaboratively, you will be tasked with providing exceptional specialist nursing care to our patients. The clinic supports adults with an eating disorder and dissociative identity disorder. This will include assessment, care planning, and reviewing with the involvement of the service user and their families as appropriate; ensuring individualised and collaborative approaches. You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team and contribute to the smooth running of the service.
- Work with an awareness of the NICE and MARSIPAN guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders in adults.
- Follow the requirements of the Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act.
- Ensure that any legalisation and statutory requirements are complied with and implemented.
- Assist with the highly specialist assessment, admission and discharge processes.
- Follow the guidelines for the administration of ECG’S and taking of bloods.
- Act as Named Nurse for patients and establish therapeutic relationships.
- Assist in the development, co-facilitation and staffing of therapeutic groups.
- Maintain appropriate, supportive and respectful relationships with carers and family members.
- Contribute to appropriate multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Demonstrate awareness of Safeguarding principles in all dealings with patients their families and carers.
- Take responsibility for the treatment room stock checks and organisation of stocks and medical supplies.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act, The Children Act, Safeguarding legislation, the NMC and Schoen Clinic Policy.
- Operate at own level of professional competency.
- Maintain professional boundaries.
- Operate within NMC guidelines.
- A “Golden Hello” of £1,500.00.
- Free on-site parking.
- A competitive salary range.
- Employer matched pension scheme (up to 5%).
- Bank holiday and night enhancements.
- Paid voluntary overtime.
- Paid Enhanced DBS check and updates as needed
- To train and work with experts from a range of disciplines, attend extension training, develop mentoring skills and individually plan a variety of development opportunities directed by your personal interests and ability.
- To get involved with planning, implementing, assessing and evaluating nursing care, using evidence-based practice.
- A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award-winning approach to quality outcome measurement.
- Be an active part of new exciting hospital project.
- To work in a small friendly non-hierarchical organisation where you can be as ‘big a fish” as you want to be in our ‘small professional pond’.
- To make a real difference to our patients' lives, help them and their families understand their issues, work together, get well and have real hope for the future.
- We welcome applications from newly qualified nurses.
- Work in accordance and within the principles/guidelines of all aspects of clinical governance.