Our client has some exciting opportunities for an experienced Surgical Ward Nurse to join their dynamic team, working with a wide variety of specialisms, you will be able to develop your clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment.
Our client’s hospital is a brand new, £65m state-of-the-art healthcare facility offering patients a wide range of integrated surgical, medical and diagnostic services. The rapidly expanding team in consists of over 500 colleagues, who thrive in the welcoming atmosphere that is friendly, supportive and progressive.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You will provide leadership for our surgical ward team, providing post-operative care to our patients, assisting in their recovery and getting them ready for discharge – this will include wound care, personal care and providing emotional support at what can be a stressful time.
- You will liaise with patients, their families and consultants giving advice and making recommendations to improve the patients’ wellbeing, whilst also being adept at identifying a deteriorating patient and making on the spot, informed decisions.
- Registered Nurse used to working with minimum supervision and experience of working in an Acute environment
- Strong leadership skills
- A surgical background is desirable but we are happy to consider Nurses with an interest in developing their experience in this field
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- Reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park