A great opportunity has come available for an experienced Critical Care Nurse with HDU experience to lead the HDU/Recovery team at the largest independent charity Hospital in the UK.
The Hospital is located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, their independent private Hospital has just been rated the number one in the country for care in the latest Bupa survey.
You will lead the team to provide level 2 critical care of surgical and medical patients and level 3 critical care as required via their 3 bedded HDU. You will also be responsible for overseeing the hospital Outreach system and day to day management of the Theatre Recovery Unit.
- To manage and lead the unit on a continual basis, to provide support to the Duty Managers Ward Managers and Theatre Suite
- To provide supervision and support to the team.
- To Deliver an Outreach service to the ward, offering support and guidance in the care of the acutely unwell patient.
- To assist in the planning and the delivery of individualised, safe, effective and evidence based patient care
- To ensure the provision of a welcoming, caring and safe environment for patients and their families.
- To manage the department and the resources, including the staffing resources within the agreed annual budget set.
- To undertake tasks and responsibilities assigned by the Theatre Manager, Chief Nursing Officer and Deputy Nursing Officer, supporting the management and development of the nursing service of the Hospital.
- To undertake the Duty Manager role as required
- To work closely with the Consultant Users of the Ward
- To participate in presenting and delivering teaching sessions for the clinical staff
- To undertake mentoring of staff and performance review appraisals
- To undertake risk assessments in accordance with the Hospitals policies, procedures and standards and national regulations
- To ensure the unit meets ICS, CQC and BARNA standards.
- To ensure the standard of documentation is in line with the Hospitals policies, procedures and protocols.
- Leadership and management of HDU and Recovery staff
- Responsibility for working with the Critical Care Fellows to ensure the rota is covered and where any difficulties with cover this is escalated
- Exhibiting best practice standards at all times and be a role model for the team.
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of a high level of critical care for patients
- Delivery of a high level of post anaesthetic care for patients within the Theatre Recovery Room
- Working with the Anaesthetic team to deliver high quality, safe patient care.
- Promote the safety, wellbeing and interests of patients, visitors and staff to the clinical areas
- Active member of the emergency response team.
- Participation in the on-call rota and internal rotation of shift (inc night duty if required)
- Exhibiting a high level of teamwork with the unit and in the wider hospital environment.
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the HDU and Theatre Suite, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- Participate in education, training and development of other staff.
- Provide initial urgent or emergency care as required
- Ensure a commitment to improve existing skills within the critical care and post-operative environment.
The hospital is passionate about providing their employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, they can offer you a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes – including continuation of the NHS pension.
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards
If you are ready for a new challenge and would like to know more about this position simlpy apply and one of our experts will be in touch.