Are you looking for a new innovative role as a Theatre Practitioner ?
Then you are in the right place, why not join a team of enthusiastic professionals in theatre, meanwhile still being able to love your job in a picturesque, pristine enviroment where the staff are equally as amazing as the facility.
Our Client is looking for someone to join there facility in Marylebone and is looking for a person who is a work enthusiast, results driven and has a starving passion to help people and save lives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To adhere to the NMC / HCPC Code of Professional Conduct at all times.
- Maintain the highest standards of individualised nursing/ODP care according to PHG Policies and Practice and Clinical Guidelines.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure continuity of clinical practice.
- Providing assistance to the surgeon/anaesthetist/nursing/ODP colleagues as required.
- Acting as member of the surgical scrub team either as a scrub or circulating practitioner.
- Co-operating with appropriate surgical staff to ensure correct positioning of patient for operative procedure.
- Co-operating with appropriate staff to ensure prompt collection and dispatch of specimens.
- Checking, witnessing and administering controlled drugs.
- Co-operating with appropriate departmental and ward staff in sending for patients to the operating department and returning patients to their wards.
- Participating in pre and postoperative visits when required.
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of how to use equipment safely and effectively.
- Promote adherence to and fully engage with the WHO Checklist and 5 Steps to Safer Surgery.
- Act as a “link practitioner” for an area of clinical interest (i.e. for infection control, tissue viability) ensuring attendance at and contribution to relevant PHG meetings and responsible for ensuring dissemination of relevant information from these to all staff within the department.
- Wear uniform at all times, in accordance with the uniform policy.
- Interact with patients, consultants, visitors to the theatre department, other members of the nursing team and managers in positive, supportive and co-operative ways.
- Carry out such other reasonably related duties appropriate to the grade, as assigned by the Team leader for their area, the Theatre Manager or nurse in charge.
- Be prepared to work across the theatre specialities including recovery and day surgery (acquired skills allowing), if required to do so, to meet the needs of the service.
- Be responsible for reporting their sick and annual leave in line with PHG policy.
- Career development opportunities
- Comprehensive induction
- Support for continuing professional development
- In-house “Investing In You” training programme
- Company funded Practical Health Plan
- Medical cover and free staff health screens
- Pension scheme
- Annual leave entitlement that increase with service
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail, leisure and holiday discounts
- Employee referral scheme
- On-site restaurant
Are you a suitable candidate ?
- Qualified Nurse / ODP
- NMC Registered
- Relevant Experience