Looking for a new role?
If so, our client is looking for a Senior Theatre Scrub to join their state of the art department based in the city centre. They are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, skilled and motivated nurse to join their hospital.
Our client is based in Central London and has great commute options via train, car and bus making your travel so much eaiser.
- Registered Nurse with recognised post graduate theatre qualification or equivalent experience or Registered ODP with cert HE/Diploma
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Significant post registration skills
- Ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge base of theatre practice
- Experience in orthopaedics and Urology
- Experience in a wide variety of surgeries
- Specialist knowledge operating theatre care
- The ability to communicate with clarity and intelligibility in both written and spoken English. Ability to build a rapport, listen, persuade and negotiate
- Flexibility to change shifts when department needs change
- Must be able to participate in the on call rota if required
- Able to operate under pressure, cope with setbacks, self-aware
- To adhere to the NMC / HCPC Code of Professional Conduct at all times.
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of individualised nursing/ODP care according to PHG Policies and Practice, Clinical Guidelines and national standards.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate the needs of patients on an ongoing basis, co-ordinating the care given by all members of the clinical team.
- To accurately assimilate and interpret clinical information about the patients’ condition, instigate appropriate remedial action and promptly report changes.
- Act as an expert member of the Scrub team.
- To act as a resource person to others, providing accurate information, advice and support to the multidisciplinary team, patients and their relatives.
- To ensure that accurate records are maintained reflecting both changes in the patient’s condition and the treatment delivered.
- To ensure that Clinical Guidelines are implemented and to be actively involved in auditing practice and developing action plans in conjunction with senior colleagues and the Clinical Governance Lead.
- To ensure that practice is evidence based and with support assist in the development of policies and protocols within the clinical area.
- To support the process of continuous quality improvement, assisting in audits etc to formally evaluate standards of care and assist in the implementation of changes in the light of such findings.
- Promote adherence to and fully engage with the WHO Checklist and 5 Steps to Safer Surgery
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans