Is it time to take the next step in your career?
If so, our client has now opened up its doors again and is back looking for a Scrub Team Leader to join their state of the art hospital.
Our client is looking for someone who is an experienced Scrub Team Leader who is ready for the next step in their career. Our client provides exceptional patient centred care through its state-of-the-art medical facilities.
- Be a qualified nurse/ODP registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council/HCPC with an up to date PIN number.
- Work in according with the NMC Code of Conduct/HCPC Standards of conduct and other professional guidelines.
- Provide expert, holistic care of the highest standard to both perioperative patients and their relatives within PHG.
- Act as an expert clinical resource within theatres and across PHG.
- Take direct managerial responsibility for the clinical area in the absence of or as delegated by a Lead Practitioner or the Theatre Manager.
- Assist in the leadership and development of all theatre staff.
- Will contribute to the overall good of the organisation by being a positive role model and treat all staff, visitors, consultants and service users with courtesy and respect.
- Will undertake rotation across the specialities to cover the service where acquired skills allow.
- Exercise professional accountability as guided by the NMC Code of Conduct/HCPC Standards of Conduct.
- To manage the department workload effectively, ensuring care is prioritised appropriately.
- To contribute positively towards the delivery of a cost effective service, adjusting staffing levels to meet demand and assisting the Theatre Manager to keep within agreed resources.
- To contribute to the ongoing organisation of the unit, including responsibility for a designated area of practice within department on a daily basis, to ensure optimal theatre utilisation at all times, facilitating timely admission and discharge of patients.
- To adhere to the NMC / HCPC Code of Professional Conduct at all times.
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of individualised nursing/ODP care according to PHG Policies and Practice, Clinical Guidelines and national standards.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate the needs of patients on an ongoing basis, co-ordinating the care given by all members of the clinical team.
- To accurately assimilate and interpret clinical information about the patients’ condition, instigate appropriate remedial action and promptly report changes.
- Act as an expert member of the surgical scrub team either as a scrub or circulating practitioner.
- To act as a resource person to others, providing accurate information, advice and support to the multidisciplinary team, patients and their relatives.
- 25 annual leave days plus 8 bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Salary is competitive and depending on experience.