Are you looking for a new role?
If so, our client is looking for an Scrub Nurse to join their state of the art clinic based in Marylebone. They are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and skilled nurse to come in and hit the ground running.
Our client is a leading private orthopaedic group in Central London which has great commuting options via train, car and bus making your travel a whole lot easier.
- Registered Nurse/ODP
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in surgical practice
- Evidence of clinical reasoning and sound decision-making skills across a varied patient case mix.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time, reacting quickly in an emergency when required
- Highly organised with outstanding attention to detail and the ability to prioritise information and workload appropriately
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care. This will include:
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures
- Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures
- Providing initial emergency care as required.
- Working with members of the multi-disciplinary Theatre team following local protocols and standards.
- Ensuring that the patients comfort, dignity and privacy are maintained at all times.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical instruments and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of surgery prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Manager immediately.
- Coordinate the use of supplies and equipment during the operating list, ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner. Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
- Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
- Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed.
- Maintain the safe custody, handling of drugs in accordance with Fortius policy
- Participate in education, training and development of other staff.
- Actively contribute to changes in practice and policies when changes have arisen which may follow an audit, complaint or newly issued guidance.
- Adhere to all Fortius policies and procedures as well as NMC and/or or HPC Codes of Practice.
- Undertaking any other duties as required by the line manager.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational health services
- Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Vouchers