Are you looking to take your career to the level?
If so, our client has now opened up its doors again and is back looking for a Senior Scrub Nurse to join their state of the art hospital.
Our client is looking for someone who is an experienced Senior Scrub Nurse who is ready for the next step in their career. Our client provides exceptional patient centred care through its state-of-the-art medical facilities.
- Be a qualified nurse/ODP registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council/HCPC with an up to date PIN number.
- Work in according with the NMC Code of Conduct/HCPC Standards of conduct and other professional guidelines.
- Provide expert, holistic care of the highest standard to both perioperative patients and their relatives within PHG.
- Act as an expert clinical resource within theatres and across PHG.
- Take direct managerial responsibility for the clinical area in the absence of or as delegated by a Team Leader, Lead Practitioner or the Theatre Manager.
- Assist in the leadership and development of all theatre staff.
- Will contribute to the overall good of the organisation by being a positive role model and treat all staff, visitors, consultants and service users with courtesy and respect.
- Will undertake rotation across the specialities to cover the service where acquired skills allow.
- To adhere to the NMC / HCPC Code of Professional Conduct at all times.
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of individualised nursing/ODP care according to PHG Policies and Practice, Clinical Guidelines and national standards.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate the needs of patients on an ongoing basis, co-ordinating the care given by all members of the clinical team.
- To accurately assimilate and interpret clinical information about the patients’ condition, instigate appropriate remedial action and promptly report changes.
- Act as an expert member of the Scrub team.
- To act as a resource person to others, providing accurate information, advice and support to the multidisciplinary team, patients and their relatives.
- To ensure that accurate records are maintained reflecting both changes in the patient’s condition and the treatment delivered.
- To ensure that Clinical Guidelines are implemented and to be actively involved in auditing practice and developing action plans in conjunction with senior colleagues and the Clinical Governance Lead.
- To ensure that practice is evidence based and with support assist in the development of policies and protocols within the clinical area.
- To support the process of continuous quality improvement, assisting in audits etc to formally evaluate standards of care and assist in the implementation of changes in the light of such findings.
- Promote adherence to and fully engage with the WHO Checklist and 5 Steps to Safer Surgery.
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Good value restaurant at our clients hospital
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Employee discount at our health facilities
- Annual leave
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- Career development
- Refer a friend scheme