You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Unsatisfied at work? Well our client is looking to hire a Ward Nurse to join their state-of-the-art clinic in the heart of London. Our client is a leading orthopaedic organisation who provide first class care for their patients.
Our client is based in London and are a leading private orthopaedic and sports injury group, a friendly environment where all the staff are appreciated and respected throughout all the spectrums! This is your chance to join a leading private organisation.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational health services
- Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver skilled practical nursing care and participate in the monitoring of the planning, delivery and evaluation of individualised patient care in relevant areas of practice. Maintaining excellent communication links across our client and with patients. Relatives and carers.
- Prepare and maintain clinical records of patient care in line with NMC standards for records and record keeping.
- Administer treatments and care to patients in accordance with hospital policies and Consultant protocols.
- Meet legal and statutory requirements e.g. Health and Safety, COSHH Regulations, Manuel Handling and control of drugs.
- Participate in the implementation and evaluation of standards of care and audits within the department.
- Provide support and training to other members of staff, incorporating staff orientation process and procedures and equipment and examination and accept delegated responsibility for specific activities from the senior nurse in Charge.
- Act as a monitor and maintain unit equipment and note deficiencies in services. Report any problems as appropriate.
- Must maintain high standards of professional and ethical responsibility and accountability be aware of the medico-legal aspects of nursing, in line with professional, regulatory and local guidance and adherence to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the role as required by the line manager from time to time.
- Registered General Nurse
- A minimum of 12 months experience post registration experience.
- Relevant experience of recent practice in day surgery orthopaedics patients
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- IT literate, experience of using ERP systems and bale to use MS office packages such as Word and Excel.
- Leadership skills (motivating, using initiative, change management)
- Basic understanding of patient care issues in day surgery.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of NMC professional code of conduct and its application.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all clinical and no-clinical staff, patients and relatives.
- Understanding of fundamentals of nursing care and ability to deliver a high standard of individualised care relating to day surgery.
- Up to date clinical skills appropriate to day surgery.
- Audit to work as part of a team and some experience of managing a small team.
- Ability to work under own initiative and manage own workload ability to manage work under pressure.
- Knowledge of and ability to uphold patient confidentiality
- Sensitive to colleagues and able to promote a positive motivating department.
A great opportunity to join a leading private orthopaedic clinic, apply now!
Call: 0203 002 6305