Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is now recruiting for an experience Recovery Nurse to join their state-of-the-art facility in Wimbledon. They are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated nurse to provide the best care for their patients.
Our client is looking for their new member in their Theatre department to join their well established and award-winning nursing team. Our client is based in Wimbledon however it has great travel links via train, bus and car making your commute a whole lot easier.
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course
- Ability to work as part of the team
- UK Recovery experience
Main Duties as a Recovery Nurse
- You need to assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic, surgical and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their peri-operative phase of care.
- You must have the ability to co-ordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post-operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
- You need to conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic and prior to the start of the procedure.
- You will complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Important that you assist the Anaesthetist throughout the peri-operative phase of care and during the immediate post-operative phase of care as required.
- You need to Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure and continue during the immediate post-operative phase of care. Taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- You will proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Health Risk Assessment
- Legal and Financial information Service
Does this sound like your perfect role? Apply now!