Are you looking for a new, innovative role ?
If so then look no further. Our client is looking for a skilled Recovery Nurse to join their exremelely talented team in tackling the day to day challenge that healthcare throws at you. Be prepared and have the full support of the tight knit, family like team behind you and you will never feel stressed or overwhelmed again. Join our client in London and enjoy the luxury views of the country's finest landmarks and finest cultures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the recovery area is fit for purpose.
- Ensure pre-operative checks are made on all equipment prior to accepting the patient into the department and prior to the administration of any anaesthetic or surgical procedure.
- Understand and apply a holistic patient centred approach, identifying and taking account of specialist clinical need whilst patient is in the Theatre.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to in relation to safeguards against wrong operations, and correct procedures are followed.
- Respond to, record and report any adverse events or incidents relating to the intervention / treatment with an appropriate degree of urgency.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of compromised patients when in recovery.
- To ensure that correct aseptic techniques and PPE are used at all times.
- Ensure patients privacy and dignity.
- Demonstrate specimen management.
- To administer medicines in accordance with NMC guidelines, Policies and Procedures.
- Prepare appropriately for the care / intervention / treatment to be undertaken including the risks to be managed.
- Correctly follow routine maintenance schedules and procedures for equipment.
- Accurately test equipment and identify any deviations from required performance standards, together with their likely causes.
- Clean and restore equipment and work areas, leaving them in a suitable condition for future use.
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of drugs, have the ability to partake in decision making with regard to patient requirements.
- Cover the out of hours on call phone according to the on call rota.
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
- £1,000 Refer a Friend scheme
What our client is looking for...
- NMC Registered
- Recovery Experienced
- Competant in Recovery