Looking for a new opportunity?
We are recruiting for a Client who offers innovative, personalised healthcare that is affordable, straightforward, and convenient. Their services are delivered by a dedicated and approachable team in a friendly and professional environment that inspires confidence and reassures patients. By providing opportunities for networking and collaboration between healthcare professionals, they strive to make healthcare provision more innovative, flexible, and efficient.
They are based in Central London, close to Oxford Circus tube station.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Senior MRI radiographer to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team. Reporting to the Imaging Lead, you will provide customer-focused, high-quality diagnostic radiography service.
This role is an opportunity to join the company led by innovation and determination to show the way to better health; through their services.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Degree in Radiography or equivalent
• HCPC Registration
• Proven experience in healthcare and patient-focused services
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in MRI covering a wide range of examinations and applications
• Good knowledge of MRI physics to ensure the ability to manipulate sequence parameters and modify technique in difficult circumstances where required
• Ability to assess and implement specialist imaging procedures, adapting technique and prioritizing imaging if required
• Proven awareness of Health and Safety regulations, Infection Control and Clinical Governance
• Cannulation Certificate desirable
• PGDip in MRI or masters in MRI/Radiography desirable
• Professional and cooperative attitude towards patients, customers and colleagues of all levels
• Ability to prioritise workload, manage time effectively and use initiative
• Undertake all imaging procedures in line with existing modality-specific guidelines and protocols; in accordance with best practice (IRR 99, IRMER 2017), CQC standards, SOR and RCR guidelines
• Conduct MRI safety checks with patients prior to their examination, obtain consent and ensure suitability for exam
• Ensure safe use and maintenance of specialist imaging equipment, adhering to local MRI safety policies and procedures and local rules, reporting any problems to the Imaging Lead, Centre Manager and/or engineering support
• Dispense contrast media/drugs as an assigned practitioner under the direction of the consultant radiologists or clinicians and maintain accurate records in accordance with the medicine management policy and PGDs.
• Provide expertise to ensure the appropriate triage, booking and examination of patients.
• Accurate data entry on to Radiology Information (RIS) and Picture Archive (PACS) systems.
• Identify and report any risk which has a potentially adverse effect on Oryon Imaging’s ability to maintain quality of care and the safety of patients, staff and visitors.
• Liaise with consultant radiologists regarding protocols and patient referrals
• Run Quality Assurance checks on equipment, and action as appropriate
The ideal candidate will be a qualified experienced MRI radiographer passionate about high-quality patient care. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to empathise with patients, especially when they might be distressed or worried. You’ll pay attention to detail and take pride in your adaptability, competence and professionalism. You’ll be able to exhibit confidentiality, discretion and trustworthiness.
They offer £41,000 salary that can be negotiable, depends on the experience, a generous holiday allowance of 27 days and an excellent benefits package including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance and private healthcare cover.