Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is now looking for a Rotational Radiographer to join their well respected hospital based in Central London. They are looking for someone who is skilled, motivated and enthusiastic radiogrpaher to come in and hit the ground running.
Our client's diagnostic services is within the private healthcare market and is renowned for the quality and range of services provided.
- DCR(R), BSc or recognised equivalent qualification in diagnostic radiography
- Current HCPC (Health Care Professionals Council) registration
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Computer skills
- Current knowledge of modern imaging techniques and applied practice
- Post qualifying radiographic work experience
- CT experience
- Evidence of CPD within speciality and beyond
- Act independently in the assessment of referrals for x-ray examinations, taking full responsibility for the justification of general x-ray examinations in order to reduce unnecessary ionising radiation exposure to patients. This is done in accordance with departmental protocols and IR (ME) R 2000. Making informed decisions with regard to methodology and modification of technique taking into account the performance and limitations of available equipment to attain the best possible image. Advise lower grades in this process when required.
- Prioritise workload depending on the severity of a patient condition and the direct impact on their management and organise radiographer cover appropriately.
- Explain to the patient the methodology of the procedures to be undertaken and how to get results of their examination.
- Analyse the radiographic image and provide opinion, occasionally verbal opinion may be provided to clinicians.
- Acquire, provide and archive diagnostic images utilising best practice, and to use appropriate technology and equipment in order to maximise the diagnostic process. Liaise with fellow health care workers and referring clinicians to provide a high quality imaging service to patients. Work as part of a team to ensure effective communication and delivery of care.
- Ensure the health and safety of all individuals by observing radiation safety by the correct use of personal dosimetry (Personal Radiation Dose Monitoring Badges), shielding equipment, and dose reduction techniques.
- Ensure the health and safety of all individuals by observing the health and safety regulations and guidance disseminated from the health and safety department. Comply with local policies and procedures. Participate with the performance of risk assessments if required. Observe recommendations made and report incidents and near misses via the SENTINAL reporting system.
- Collect, compile and record information accurately and effectively to facilitate the principles of data review with special regard to confidentiality, auditing effectiveness and highlighting irregularities to ensure the maintenance of professional standards.
- To maintain and update the required skills, knowledge and technical expertise. Actively pursue continued professional development in all aspects of the radiographers’ role, and to record such instances appropriately. To facilitate the carrying out of existing and new techniques and to be actively involved in the training and advising of colleagues, thus ensuring up to date best practice.
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Good value restaurant at our clients facility
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Employee discount at our health facilities
- Annual leave
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- Career development
- Refer a friend scheme