Are you a looking to develop your experience as a specialist radiographer?
If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
My client in North London is looking for an experienced specialist radiographer to join their team of professionals. The successful candidate will report to the Modality Lead and provide a customer focused high quality diagnostic Radiography service to their patients and service users. The Hospital strive for and always maintain the best standard of diagnostic imaging and efficiency for their users. The role will require rotation throughout all the modalities (CT, MRI, with some extension to Core Services)
The hospital opened in 1980 and has been part of Aspen Healthcare since 2003. They pride themselves on their high standards of nursing care and friendly atmosphere, and continuously invest in medical technology, staff, training and facilities.
- To provide a professional standard of excellence in radiographic services for all patients focus in patient care.
- To become/be competent in all each of the main Radiographic Imaging Modalities; principally Cardiac, CT, MRI and Core Services (general imaging).
- Share clinical knowledge with junior colleagues both formally (through CPD sessions/clinical competency forms) and informally (ad hoc teaching/training opportunities).
- Assist Radiology Colleagues in some specialist procedures.
- Assist consultant Radiologists in undertaking specialist examinations
- To participate on the shift rotation and on call rota.
- To help in booking of immediate appointments (walk in or fit in patients) and maintain appropriate departmental records as necessary.
- Assess and adapt techniques to ensure a quality image is always delivered , seeking advice when required.
- To use the equipment and accessories correctly, reporting any faults.
- To be conversant with the computer systems and ensure that accurate records are entered and maintained.
- To participate in Governance programs including regular auditing and quality control.
- To comprehend and adhere to all Health & Safety and COSHH regulations.
- Provision of clinical information to the patient whilst interpreting, negotiating and adapting the procedure as applicable to that patient.
- Participate in IV injections (training provided as required).
- Ensure that all standard operating procedures,
- Diploma of the College of Radiographers or BSc equivalent.
- GE CT & Phillips MRI scanner experience
- State Registration with the HCPC.
- Cardiac CT
- Certification in cannulation
- Have competencies across at least 2 of the following modalities – MRI, CT, Core Services (general radiography)
- Be competent in cardiac MRI
- Able in administering IV Contrast
- Understanding of IR(ME)R, including the role of the operator, practitioner, referrer, employer and medical physics.
- Be able to wear a lead apron.
- Have a portfolio of relevant CPD
- To demonstrate commitment to radiographic modalities through CPD/protocol development within a radiographic area.
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discounts
- Reloadable cards
- Leisure vouchers
- Holidays and travel insurance