Are you looking to showcase your skills within radiography ?
Our client is seeking a results driven, teamworking individual to work along side some of the best healthcare professionals in the country. Why not join our client in East London and demonstrate your skills to play your part in the role of detecting what alot of people can not. Join the team of experts and take appropriate massive action to assure every scan, diagnosis and evaluation is done to the best for the sake of the patients. Commute to work through the wonderful city and gaze into the skyline and the city skycrapers on lunches and be in the centre multi-culturalism in both the food and the people with exotic cuisines and street performers on almost every corner... Do not miss out.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advice and assistance to less experienced radiographers, acting as cover for, Superintendent Radiographers when required.
- Undertake routine scanning of participants based on standardised protocols on UK Biobank’s scanners, producing images and data of the highest quality.
- Act on any reports of untoward occurrences, incidents and/or non-conformances, ensuring appropriate forms are completed and processes are followed.
- Perform other duties as appropriate to the grade and as requested by the Lead/Superintendent Radiographer.
- Review flagged studies review and ensure potentially serious incidental findings are fed into the incidental findings process.
- Responsible for volunteer safety and well-being within the scanners.
- Be up-to-date with the current safety guidelines with respect to the DEXA and MR, environment and the specific problems associated with radiation, implants and devices associated with our imaging.
- Conduct the ‘pre-screening’ process.
- Assist the Lead Radiographer to resolve any issues that are highlighted through participant feedback in a timely manner.
- Comply with statutory requirements and with the UK Biobank’s employment policies whilst at work (e.g. Ionising Radiations Regulations 1999, IR(ME)R 2000, Health and Safety Regulations, COSHH and Risk Assessments).
- Ensure participant’s details are correctly identified prior to the examination and ensure that such details/unique ID are present and correct on the imaging modality and any associated records.
- Maintain the confidentiality of volunteers and staff and follow the requirements of the data protection act (1998) at all times (i.e. ensuring it is clear to staff that they do not enter any identifying information into any text fields/notes during the visit).
- Competitive Salary
- Private Healthcare
- And more to discuss at Interview stages.
What our client is looking for...
- HCPC Registered
- Years of experience.
- Relevant qualifications.
- Fully competant with MRI.
- CT experience would be an advantage.