Are you looking for a new role?
If so, our client is looking for a Healthcare Assistant – Pre Assessment to join their state of the art facility in London. They are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and skilled HCA to come in and hit the ground running.
Our client provides hospital and diagnostic services within the private healthcare market and is renowned for the quality and range of services provided.
- Healthcare Assistant
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a healthcare assistant within a surgical or a complex speciality.
- Experience in a private hospital environment would be an advantage, but not essential
- Ability to work confidently unsupervised
- Enthusiastic and committed, a team player, flexible, physically able to carry out the role, sensitive to patient needs
- Undertake a risk assessment for the patient anaesthetically and surgically
- Carrying a caseload and organise own workload
- Assist patients in filling out the pre-assessment questionnaire
- Implement intervention based on the results of the assessment and investigations in the pre-assessment of patients
- Undertake MRSA screening according to infection control policy
- Identify cultural requirements, communication and other special needs
- Obtains further specialist advice as required
- Undertake a role in health promotion
- Advise patients on their pre-operative medication requirements after instructions from the pre-assessment nurse
- Maintain accurate patient records, completing documentation to ensure seamless multidisciplinary communication
- Ensure 100% compliance with hand hygiene and infection control policy and procedures.
- Assist pre-assessment nurse in developing and implementing service protocols on nationally accredited guidelines and valid research from recognised bodies
- Participate in continuous audit of the pre-assessment service
- Compile reports as required to communicate efficacy and shortcomings of the service to the Senior Management team
- Ensure adherence to requirements from external bodies such as PROMS, and the National Joint Registry Education
- To support the wider nursing team when the need arises
- Assist in phlebotomy and other pathology services
- Proactively support external clinics/secretaries in booking their patients for any appropriate diagnostic tests and referrals within PHG
- Identify any clinical/diagnostic gaps within PHG which would support patients and consultants and ultimately increase business revenue
- Working closely with ward and theatre managers to ensure appropriate skillset within clinical staff to manage any individual patient cases
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required and requested by the nurse Manager and/or Clinical Director
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Social gatherings