Are you looking for a new role at the moment?
If so, our client is looking for a Ward Manager to join their state of the art hopsital. They are looking for experienced, motivated and skilled nurse to come in and hit the ground running.
You are responsible for the effective and efficient operational management of the 1st and 2nd floor and Pre- Operative Assessment. Our client is based in London and has great trave links via train, car and bus making your travel a whole lot easier.
- Registered Nurse
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Significant surgical experience at shift leader leve
- Significant experience in mentorship/supervision of junior staff
- 4 years in a Senior Sister role
- Lead the Ward/Department/Team and build successful links between key professionals to support and promote effective multi-disciplinary team working
- Manage the department nursing staff, ensuring the patients receive high quality clinical care and a good patient experience, having regard for their customs, religious beliefs and doctrines
- To apply clinical skills of the highest standard and to take a proactive approach to the development of clinical competence in self and others
- Be responsible for assessing and recognising emergencies in the speciality. To interpret information and take appropriate action and to lead others to do the same
- To have experience and knowledge in both POA and surgical setting to provide holistic patient assessment skills so that clinical decision-making leads to prompt and appropriate action in the best interests of the patient’s wellbeing
- Oversee the induction, timetable, bookings, behaviour and competence of the RMOs
- Ensures continuity of patient care through effective staff deployment
- Ensure safe patient flow, working closely with the consultants and the ward teams
- Regularly checks patient care documentation to see that all aspects of care have been considered, individual patients’ needs identified and documented accordingly
- Competetive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpine
- Legal and Financial Information Services
- Health Risk Assessment