Are you looking for a better career?
If so, our client is looking for an ward manager who is looking to take there career to the next level. They are looking for a motivated, skilled and experienced nurse to join their state of the art facility based in London.
Our client is a 15 bedded ward specialises in Urology while also providing care for patients from other surgical specialties; Plastics, Gynaecology, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Ears, Nose and Throat and Vascular.
- Extensive experience at Band 6 or above in relevant role
- Demonstrable clinical practice that is evidence based and up to date
- Experience of working with and leading teams, motivating and empowering them to deliver excellent standards of patient care
- Experience of identifying and dealing with risks encountered within own practice.
- Experience of supporting junior / less experienced staff to improve standards of patient care.
- Able to supports less experienced / junior staff to respond to feedback in positive manner setting objectives as required.
- Able to use professional knowledge and experience to influence decision making processes in order to improve outcomes for patients and staff.
- Able to use assertive communication skills to achieve collaborative solutions to challenging situations
- Able to conduct audits in objective and efficient manner.
- Understanding of Budget Management
- Works as an expert practitioner and is responsible for the delivery of patient-focused programmes of care, which address the complex and changing health and well-being needs of the patients in his/her clinical area.
- Day-to-day line management of the team, allocating work and assessing performance of the team members objectively against set criteria/competencies, and lead in the recruitment and retention of the department
- Uphold standards of cleanliness related to nursing practice in the clinical area and for a well-maintained Ward/Department environment.
- To be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care with the multidisciplinary team and patients’ families.
- To promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence based practice.
- To apply advanced clinical skills to assist in performing safe effective care for patients.
- To maintain the costs and resources in line with the departmental budget
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards
Interested? Make sure you apply for this role today!