You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Staff Nurse - Stroke and Medical
Looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is now recruiting for a Stroke and Medical Nurse to join their well respected hospital. They are looking for a dynamic and dedicated nurse to join their Ward.
Our client has a 10 bedded ward which provides care for a number of specialties within Medical. You will be working in Central London and has great commute options via Car, Bus and Train making your commute a whole lot easier.
- Registered Level 1 Nurse with current NMC registration
- Evidence of ongoing training and commitment to development
- Evidence of accumulation of relevant experience/knowledge
- Evidence of knowledge base and competency in the clinical specialities of the ward
- Evidence of god oral and written communication
- To be patient focussed
- Evidence of ability to maintain effective working relationships with peers, colleagues, patients and their families
- Evidence of ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with emergency situations and/or difficult clients and stressful situations professionally
- Compassionate and caring
- To assist in the planning and the delivery of individualised, safe, effective and evidence based patient care
- To ensure the provision of a welcoming, caring and safe environment for patients and their families.
- To participate in the efficient operational management of the department, providing support to the shift leaders and Ward Manager
- To undertake daily, weekly and monthly safety checks on the ward when assigned accordingly
- To chaperone / assist consultants with procedures and assist nursing colleagues where required
- To undertake the clinical tasks involved with admissions, preparing patients for investigations and procedures, doing appropriate referrals to other health care staff and facilities and discharging patients.
- Supporting, supervising and delegating clinical tasks to the Health Care Assistants such as the recording of patients observations
- Ensure that patients’ personal hygiene requirements are met and all their other activities of daily living
- To undertake risk assessments in accordance with the Hospitals policies, procedures and standards and national regulations and ensure that relevant care plans and risk management are in place.
- Participate in Multidisciplinary meetings for medical and Stroke Rehabilitation patients
- Competitive pay For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Ongoing training and development programmes and a genuine commitment to continuous professional development
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards