Are you looking for a place that give patients the prospect of a better quality of life?
We are working with a new client in one of the affluent areas in London (Chelsea). They are looking for looking for high calibre individuals who can combine patient care excellence, clinical capabilities, and caring approaches to their clinic.
You will be a caring Mental Health Nurse who can combine clinical expertise with a compassionate approach to patient care to join their highly specialised private outpatient and day clinic treating adults, adolescents and children with eating disorders, anxiety & depression at Chelsea.
You will also provide outstanding specialist nursing care to their patients who attend the clinic for the day programme and outpatient clinics. You will support adults and young people with eating/mood disorder who will require 1-1 support, physical healthcare monitoring and group therapy.
- Post registration clinical professional development
- Professional registration with NMC
- Experience and ability to function as a specialist practitioner within either adult and child and adolescent services mental health services
- Experience of working in therapeutic and skills-based groups
- Able to carry out assessments including risk assessments
- Further training and experience in eating disorders, child development and evidence-based treatment interventions as recommended by NICE.
- To provide clinical care to children, adolescents and adults suffering with an eating disorder, anxiety and depression in a day clinicfacility.
- Utilising a patient-centred approach in the planning, assessing, evaluating and implementation of care, using evidence based practice.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team is a key feature of the role.
- The Nurse specialist will take responsibility for the smooth running of the clinicon a day to day basis, liaising with theMDT team andleadership team to establish priorities.
- Work with an awareness of the NICE and MARSIPAN guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders in children, young people and adults.
- Work with an awareness of the NICE guidelines for anxietyanddepression.
- Follow the requirements of the Mental Health Act and Children Act.
- Ensure that any legalisation and statutory requirements are complied with and implemented.
- Assist with the highly specialist assessment, admission, and discharge processes.
- Follow the guidelines for the administration of ECG’S andtakingofbloods and ensure that all staff are competent in doing so, working in collaboration with Schoen Clinic London senior nursing team to co-ordinate staff training and competency assessment in this area.
- Act as a Key Worker for a caseload of day patients attending the adult ED Pathway and establish therapeutic relationships.
- Assist in the development, co-facilitation and staffing of therapeutic groups.
- Maintain appropriate, supportive, and respectful relationships with carers and family members.
- Contribute to appropriate multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Demonstrate awareness of Safeguarding principles in all dealings with patients their families and carers.
- Take responsibility for the treatment room stock checks and organisation of stocks and medical supplies
- Competitive salary range
- Employer matched pension scheme.
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise by working in a specialist environment alongside leading experts.
- A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award-winning approach to quality outcome measurement.
- Be part of exciting new projects to inspire and challenge you