Is it time to take the next step in your career?
If so, our client has now opened up its doors again and is back looking for a Pre Assessment and Outpatient Nurse to join their state of the art hospital.
Our client is looking for someone who is an experienced Pre Assessment and Outpatient Nurse who is ready for the next step in their career. Our client provides exceptional patient centred care through its state-of-the-art medical facilities.
- Phlebotomy experience
- Experience from 1 or more fields: aesthetic, general surgery.
- Minimum 2 years working experience as RGN
- Some experience in the private sector
- Registered Nurse
- Post registration experience in a surgical environment essential
- Experience in a private hospital environment would be an advantage, but not essential
- Ability to work confidently unsupervised
- Enthusiastic and committed, a team player, flexible, physically able to carry out the role, sensitive to patient needs
- Assist consultants during clinics and minor op procedures.
- Undertake a risk assessment for the patient anaesthetically and surgically
- To act as the named nurse to all cosmetics patients
- To undertake a nursing assessment, obtaining a detailed past medical history and ordering of appropriate clinical investigations
- Once assessed, to identify patients at risk and invite for assessment in person, perform investigations and referrals as necessary
- Implement intervention based on the results of the assessment and investigations
- Undertake MRSA screening according to infection control policy
- Advise patients on their pre-operative medication requirements
- Maintain accurate patient records, completing documentation to ensure seamless multidisciplinary communication
- Participate in continuous audit of the Pre-assessment service
- To support the wider nursing team when the need arises
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required and requested by the nurse Manager and/or Clinical Director
- See patients for post op dressings, IV infusions, injections and similar.
- Demonstrate clinical excellence within the outpatient specialities e.g. cosmetic surgery
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Ensure safety checks, consent forms and any other necessary documentation is completed appropriately
- Report to Clinical Director any queries or concerns
- Respond appropriately to telephone calls
- Be able to initiate clinic emergency policies and procedures
- Become competent in the use of the in-house computer systems
- Staff Benefits
- 25 annual leave days plus 8 bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Salary is competitive and depending on experience.