Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is looking for a Pre-Assessment Lead to join their well respcted hospital. They need someone who is keen to come in and hit the ground running.
This will be a 12 month fixed term covering maternity cover.
Our client is based in London and has easy commuting options via train, bsu, car making your travel a whole lot easier.
- Registered Nurse with a valid NMC pin
- Pre-assessment experience and knowledge is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills
- Demonstrate proven experience in a senior, leadership position
- Passion for high quality patient care
- Be able to work without direct supervision and able to make clinical decisions independently
- To efficiently and effectively assess a patients’ suitability for safe admission identifying any anaesthetic risk factors and managing patient expectations of their hospital stay, during the preoperative assessment and discharge home.
- Collaborating with the medical staff to ensure that the patient is medically cleared for surgery thereby reducing the number of patient cancellations
- To be responsible for the expert clinical assessment of patients by completing a full medical clerking of patient history and completing in depth physical examination.
- To be directly responsible for making complex decisions about next steps based on assessment, clinical presentation and diagnostic results.
- To give concise, relevant verbal and written reports to ensure effective communication with the General Practitioner, Consultant, Anaesthetist and any other members of the multi-disciplinary team, regarding the outcome of consultations and the necessary follow up required..
- To ensure, through appropriate delegation to nurses and health care assistants, that evidence-based care is provided to agreed standards within the unit in accordance with hospital policy and procedures.
- To ensure ordering, storage and administration of drugs in accordance with the Drug Policy and the law.
- To promote and maintain professional confidentiality at all times in accordance with the Data protection Act 1998.
- Recognises and responds appropriately to urgent and emergency situations. Ensure all emergency equipment is fit for purpose and ready to use.
- To participate in the analysis, assessment and management of actual and potential risks within the unit environment, including responsibility for risk assessments i.e. General, Pregnancy, Clinical, Manual Handling, COSHH.
- Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
- Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
- Private Healthcare
- Staff Referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Help to buy a bike
- Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Various discount vouchers