We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Registered Nurse, to join our team in the nurse-led Pre-Assessment Clinic.
This is a 12-month fixed term position covering maternity leave.
Job title: Pre-Assessment Lead Nurse
Salary: £36,000 to £38,850 per year
Hours: 37.5 per week,7.5 hours per day Monday- Friday
Contract Type: Fixed term – 12 months, Maternity Cover
As Pre-Assessment Lead Nurse you will work with patients ensuring they are prepared physically and psychologically for surgery. You will assess a patients’ suitability for safe admission identifying and acting upon any potential risk factors.
You will act as a clinical expert and a visible role model and provide specialist knowledge, professional leadership and support to staff within the unit.
You will enjoy working as part of a small multidisciplinary team providing an excellent pre-operative service for our patients and surgeons.
- Registered Nurse with a valid NMC pin
- Pre-assessment experience and knowledge is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills
- Demonstrate proven experience in a senior, leadership position
- Passion for high-quality patient care
- Be able to work without direct supervision and able to make clinical decisions independently
- Free restaurant-quality meals whilst on duty
- Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
- Private Healthcare
- Staff Referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Help to buy a bike
- Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Various discount vouchers