You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Plastics Outpatient Nurse
Are you looking for flexible day hours?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join a state of the art facility located in London. Currently looking for hard-working, driven, skilled individuals who strive for excellence in everything they do to uphold their values of providing excellent patient care and the mission to be the most trusted hospital.
As a Staff Nurse, you will work with senior and junior staff co-ordinating and delivering quality standards of nursing care following a patient-centred model of practice in keeping with the Clinic’s Philosophy, The Departments Policies/Protocols and NMC guidelines.
Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Saturday.
Shifts: Earlies & lates to cover the Outpatients service from 8am to 8pm. The early morning shift could start at 7.30am and the late could be until 8.30pm.
Salary: The attractive salary range for this role is £35,309 - £39,559 (Inclusive), and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for individualised patient care of the highest standard working closely with the Consultants, nursing colleagues and clerical staff.
- Ensure the provision of excellent evidence-based care for patients.
- Act as a chaperone where necessary, document activity and ensure the smooth running of clinics.
- Coordinate and assist the Plastics and Reconstruction clinics and post-operative inpatient care independently with distant supervision.
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and patients.
- Participate in departmental meetings to enhance team communication.
- Be conversant with the Clinic’s patient information system to ensure comprehensive patient notes are documented and proficient in using order entry (charging) for accounting and audit purposes.
- Establish effective interdepartmental liaison in order to help achieve optimum levels of continued patient care.
- Liaise with consultant’s secretaries and insurance companies and embassies where necessary.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Minimum of 3 years surgical experience in at least one specific surgical speciality, ideally Dermatology/Plastics
- Competent in plastic and reconstructive surgery post op care and dressings
- Competent in removal of all types of sutures, clips and aseptic dressings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prioritise and co-ordinate own workload.
- Friendly and adaptable approach who is able to work as part of a team and has an awareness of clinical audit and clinical governance.
Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare,187.5 hours plus Bank Holidays (annual leave), season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.